2022 March – Follow the Water Campaign Launch Forum
This is a free virtual forum for partners of the Clean Rivers Coalition. We want to hear from you, as we get set to launch the Follow the Water website and social media channels. Since the Covid pandemic, the steering committee has been working on a number of projects under the EPA Columbia River Restoration Grant. We’ve been digging deep to maintain the energy and enthusiasm for Follow the Water as we move into campaign implementation. We hope you like what you see!
We’ve completed a film series about our connection to rivers, in partnership with the Columbia River Intertribal Fish Commission, and produced by MetroEast Community Media. We’ve completed research with Latinx community by Lara Media. And we have designed a new Follow the Water website, and Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channels. We are bringing on a social media management and digital ad buy firm to help us coordinate our posts and ads.
The next step in our journey is to build up our social media content, complete our new pesticide reduction “How to” videos, and coordinate the Community Based Social Marketing pilot testing for pesticide use reduction. We also need your input on how to build onto the website.
- Follow the Water website and YouTube channel film launch
- Introduction to the Clean Rivers Coalition
- Update on Pesticide how-to videos and Lawn Care Behavior change pilot project testing
- Break out session: Social media content coordination – diverse voices!
- Break out session: Website interactive map
2020 December – Brand Identity and messaging forum
This is a free forum for those interested in the work of the Clean Rivers Coalition. We want to hear from you as the process continues to develop a clean water communication plan. Come hear about the Clean River Coalition’s latest progress and provide feedback as we move forward. Our consultant, BRINK Communications, will lead us through the next phase of communication plan development: creating a visual identity and messaging. We will also be asking you to complete a survey about video campaigns we will be creating over the next year. You are an important partner and hope you will join us.
- Clean Rivers Coalition Overview and Updates
- Visual Identity & Messaging Presentation (Brink Communications)
- Breakout Sessions
2019 October – Research Findings Forum
- Pollutant risk database
- Research findings for campaign development
- DHM public survey results
- Nested messages concept
Access presentations and other information from our October 23rd forum by following this link.
2017 November – Pollutant Priority Selection Forum
- Priority pollutants presentations
- Breakout sessions
2017 July – Mapping Our Campaign Goals and Outcomes Forum
- Strategically building our campaign – best practices for achieving goals and outcomes
- Breakout sessions – priority awareness and behavior change goals and tools
- Creation of a 5 year outreach plan
2016 October – Developing Guiding Principles for Collaboration Forum
- Visioning statement
- Structuring our work
- Campaign development breakouts – shared brand, raising awareness, behavior change messages
- Organizational assets and priorities
2016 June – Creating a Vision for Regional Outreach Forum
- Vision – “What do you see in 10 years?” – brainstorm
- Examples of other regional coalitions for outreach
- Clean Rivers Coalition organizational structure
- Breakout session: barriers, opportunities, and potential partners
- How to formalize our ideas into reality? Structure? Funding?